UA Session and Step-Up Program

Any general non-science questions (software questions/problems, etc.,) and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

IreneGi2I

UA Session and Step-Up Program

Postby IreneGi2I » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:55 am

Hi, I haven't been to UA sessions or step-up sessions yet, but I have some questions about these sessions. Does UA session/Step-up session cover materials relevant to each week's classes? (Can I ask questions or get help to solve problems of previous weeks?) Also, can I just drop by the office to attend the sessions without any registration?

AryaG_4C

Re: UA Session and Step-Up Program

Postby AryaG_4C » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:36 am

They cover material relevant to the past topics studied during lectures. You can get involved in a discussion and definitely get help on any doubts you may have and you don't require to register.

JasonKwon_3k

Postby JasonKwon_3k » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:28 pm

I went to one and I believe that these are really helpful if you are struggling with a specific concept, or just confused in general. They will participate in discussions or help you individually. I recommend using this resource to your advantage.

Qilan Li 4I

Postby Qilan Li 4I » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:39 pm

The step-up sessions consist of the UA going over topics and problems that were covered in past lectures. Usually, at the end of the session, the UA is open to any questions pertaining to the course. You can drop into any session and there’s no need to register and you can leave any time.

simmoneokamoto3K

Postby simmoneokamoto3K » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:11 pm

The UA sessions and Step-up programs are very helpful as you get more one on one help rather than being in a massive class setting. I would also recommend going to O.H. of T.A.'s because they can be very helpful as they're grad students. If you're struggling with a specific topic though, the sessions are very useful and relevant to the weeks' topic.

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”