Commuters

Any general non-science questions (software questions/problems, etc.,) and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Sunia Akaveka 4I
Been upvoted: 1 time

Commuters

Postby Sunia Akaveka 4I » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:47 am

As a commuter, I’m finding it pretty hard to really prepare for tests in this course (as it’s very difficult for me to attend review sessions/office hours with my schedule). I know this is very dependent on when I’m available, but do any of you commuters out there have any general advice to spare? Anything is appreciated!

Jason Wu 1E

Re: Commuters

Postby Jason Wu 1E » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:03 am

Not a commuter but because I had to travel to attend events/plans outside of LA so I wasn't able to attend any review sessions the week leading up to the final. I will suggest what helped me the most in studying for this midterm was to still do as many problems posted as possible. Through Chemistry Community I was able to find pdfs of a lot of practice problems and their respective answer keys so I could figure out what concepts I needed more review on. Overall, I think that review sessions are nice to have but they aren't a must-do thing if you are capable in studying by yourself and finding areas you need to improve on.

IreneGi4C

Postby IreneGi4C » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:25 pm

I am a commuter, too. As a commuter who live far from the campus, I usually spend extra time between classes and review sessions to study or do assignments. Since libraries open until late night, I study there until the review sessions so that I can rest at home after the sessions. I can feel that it's really hard to make time to attend review sessions as a commuter.

Kendra Barreras 3E

Postby Kendra Barreras 3E » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:28 pm

I would say stay on campus as long as possible and really take advantage of the breaks between your classes. Although review sessions do help, they aren't mandatory to be successful in the class and as long as you understand the information conceptually and practice homework/additional problems you should be fine! (:

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”