CHEM 14A Section 4B/1H VSEPR Additional Resources

Any general non-science questions (software questions/problems, etc.,) and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Chem_Mod
Has upvoted: 716 times

CHEM 14A Section 4B/1H VSEPR Additional Resources

Postby Chem_Mod » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:30 pm

Hi scholars,
I wanted to share a great resource that I helped contribute to during my time at UC Davis. The following is a link to Chemistry Libre Text, which is like a Wikipedia page for all topics chemistry. This particular link is for the page that goes over VSEPR geometry, bond angles, lone pairs and dipole moments very thoroughly, and even has a few problems for you to test your knowledge. It should help you in the exam next week. Note: Because this is an outside resource, if you go to other topics, they may discuss them in greater depth than is required for our 14A chemistry course. Please use the syllabus, the text book and your best judgement to determine to what level you should understand the material you're viewing.

Chemistry Libre Text: [url]https://chem.libretexts.org/Bookshelves/General_Chemistry/Map%3A_A_Molecular_Approach_(Tro)/10%3A_Chemical_Bonding_II%3A_Molecular_Shapes%2C_Valance_Bond_Theory%2C_and_Molecular_Orbital_Theory/10.3%3A_VSPER_Theory%3A_The_Effect_of_Lone_Pairs
[/url]
Best of luck on your exam!
-Tony M.

Chem_Mod
Has upvoted: 716 times

Re: CHEM 14A Section 4B/1H VSEPR Additional Resources

Postby Chem_Mod » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:17 pm

Use Sapling as it has many great problems as assignments.

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”