Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:04 pm
Where can I find the outline for test 2? Is it just outline 4?
Re: Test 2
Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:10 pm
My TA sent me this:
Test 2 covers all material since midterm up to and including the list below:
• Use the Valence-Shell Electron-Pair Repulsion Model (VSEPR) to determine the shape of
inorganic, organic, and small biological molecules, cations, and anions.
• Use bond dipole moments and shape to determine if a molecule is polar or non-polar.
• Use shape and polar or non-polar properties, identify different intermolecular
interactions/forces (H-bonding, dipole-dipole, dispersion).
• Explain why lone pairs are more likely to found in certain locations around a central atom
and how and why they affect the bond angles in a molecule, cation, or anion.
• Distinguish sigma and pi bonds by their shapes, properties, and component orbitals.
Re: Test 2
Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:00 pm
So will test 2 include Focus 2D from Outline 3 (Chemical Bonds), or will it include everything afterwards?