Test 1 Topics

Any general non-science questions (software questions/problems, etc.,) and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Janet Nguy 2C

Test 1 Topics

Postby Janet Nguy 2C » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:38 am

Hi!
I know test 1 is coming up next week; what topics/what kind of questions should I be prepared for? And to what extent are acids/bases going to be on the test?

Izzie Capra 2E

Re: Test 1 Topics

Postby Izzie Capra 2E » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:57 am

I would prepare for problems involving writing equilibrium constant expressions, solving for concentrations using ICE tables and conceptual questions involving Le Chatlier's principle. I think acids and bases will be tested heavily. But many of the concepts would probably be acid/base equilibrium, so ICE tables and K expressions are still applicable along with pH and pOH!

Keya Jonnalagadda 1A

Postby Keya Jonnalagadda 1A » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:20 pm

I think doing the further problems from the first two outlines would be useful. In addition, it might be a good idea to look at the examples in the book and the ones from class and redo those, as they directly relate to topics Professor Lavelle has taught us, and is likely to test.

Veronica_Lubera_2A
Been upvoted: 1 time

Postby Veronica_Lubera_2A » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:44 pm

I went to his office hours and he said the first test will cover the first two units. I would definitely do all of the hw and understand the ice tables for weak acids and bases. Also looking over the notes and the examples he used in class.

HannahBui 2K

Postby HannahBui 2K » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:33 pm

Chemical Equilibria and Acid/Base Equilibria will be on the first test, so I recommend studying 2 outlines on the class website for these 2 topics and making sure that you understand each concept listed! Also, doing all of the assigned homework problems on those 2 outlines for practice will help you prepare for types of questions we may be asked. Hope this helped!

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”