All Assignments

Any general non-science questions (software questions/problems, etc.,) and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Jenny Lee 2L

All Assignments

Postby Jenny Lee 2L » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:12 pm

Hello! I recently joined the class and wanted to clarify whether these were the main things that needed to be done by Week 1:
- Modules on the Chem14A website
- Weekly Homework on Sapling due Sunday midnight
- Chemistry Community: 5 posts

Is there anything that I'm missing?

Varsha Ravi 3E
Been upvoted: 1 time

Re: All Assignments

Postby Varsha Ravi 3E » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:14 pm

Nope, I think you have everything! Professor Lavelle also encouraged us to do the Fundamentals problems in the textbook, but those aren't "due" in any formal sense.

Jeffrey Fenn 1G

Postby Jeffrey Fenn 1G » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:55 pm

I don't know if this helps but just make sure to do the first four modules this week, as the next four aren't due until the end of week 2!

Jenny Lee 2L

Postby Jenny Lee 2L » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:56 pm

Jeffrey Fenn 1G wrote:I don't know if this helps but just make sure to do the first four modules this week, as the next four aren't due until the end of week 2!

Thank you! Are the first four due by a certain time this week?

Emily Jacobo 1C

Postby Emily Jacobo 1C » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:53 pm

Hi! No the four modules aren't necessarily due by a certain time, but as we are ending the review of fundamentals tomorrow it is highly recommended to do them ASAP so you understand the topics before we move on.

Charmaine Ng 2D

Postby Charmaine Ng 2D » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:01 pm

Jenny_Lee_3A wrote:
Jeffrey Fenn 1G wrote:I don't know if this helps but just make sure to do the first four modules this week, as the next four aren't due until the end of week 2!

Thank you! Are the first four due by a certain time this week?

Nope, they aren't due by any certain time, but just as long as they're completed by the end of this week, since we'll be moving onto different topics!

Lindsey_Su_3A
Been upvoted: 2 times

Postby Lindsey_Su_3A » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:00 pm

Just to clarify: The assignments that are consistently due each week are
-Sapling HWs due on Sunday
-5 Chemistry Community posts by Sunday
and that's it?
Is this correct?

Sean Phen

Postby Sean Phen » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:02 pm

I asked my TA the exact same question because I was absolutely confused about what was needed to be completed each week.

The required items that are needed to be completed every week include Sapling Weekly Online Homework (due on Sunday @ midnight every week) and posting on chemistry community weekly (5 posts minimum for full credit).

Watching lectures and attending the discussion section are very important, but they are not mandatory as they will not be taking attendance.

If you just want more practice, there are assessment modules on the Chem 14A teaching website and other readings on the Macmillan textbook but they are all not mandatory. These are just references.

Chesca Legaspi 2E

Postby Chesca Legaspi 2E » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:36 pm

As most other people have already said, the only things due at the end of each week are the Sapling HW problems and the chem community posts by Sunday at 11:59 PM. Also, while some people have already mentioned textbook problems being an additional resource, going to the step up sessions also helps a lot with review and sometimes they go over questions from the Sapling HW live if you're stuck on any of those!

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”