Chemistry Community Participation Points

Any general non-science questions (software questions/problems, etc.,) and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Mrudula Akkinepally

Chemistry Community Participation Points

Postby Mrudula Akkinepally » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:50 am

I'm not sure whether this question has been asked and answered, however I was wondering if we had to make 5 new posts every week on this website to receive participation points for the week, or if replies to previously made posts count as credit. Please let me know! Thank you!

Yashvi Reddy 1H
Been upvoted: 1 time

Re: Chemistry Community Participation Points

Postby Yashvi Reddy 1H » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:57 am

Hi! I believe every week you have to either post your own post or reply to another's post and each approach will count towards the participation requirement of "5 per week." As for when those posts one replies to were made, I'm not actually sure, though I feel like the point of these requirements is to enhance our "Chemistry Community," so any valuable piece of knowledge or discussion you add to this website should be welcome. I look forward to hearing others' opinions on this, and I hope this all made sense! Good luck with the rest of your first week.

Shruti Kulkarni 2I

Postby Shruti Kulkarni 2I » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:59 am

Hi! I agree with what has been said above! From how I understand it you should be making five new posts every week in order to get the points. The posts don't necessarily have to be questions but they can be comments or replies to other people's questions!

Marianna_Shand_3H

Postby Marianna_Shand_3H » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:01 am

I believe if five new posts are made every week, points are acquired. The posts don't have to be questions but they can be comments or replies to other people's questions, which helps because its very likely someone can help you out!

Annette Fishman
Been upvoted: 1 time

Postby Annette Fishman » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:23 pm

It doesn't only have to be brand new posts with questions. I think if you don't have something to ask, then Professor Lavelle just expects us to help each other in Chemistry Community so that it becomes a safe space for people to learn from each other. The five per week could also include responses to other people who need help, as well as you yourself asking for help with a new post.

Mrudula Akkinepally

Postby Mrudula Akkinepally » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:22 pm

Awesome, Thank you guys so much for responding !

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”