UCLA Store Updates on Ebook/Sapling access card

Any general non-science questions (software questions/problems, etc.,) and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Been upvoted: 1 time

UCLA Store Updates on Ebook/Sapling access card

Postby 505352202 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:42 pm

Hello, has anyone received any updates on their Ebook/Sapling access card from the UCLA Store? I chose the pickup option to get it faster, but I still haven't received any notification.

Ryan_Kien_1L

Re: UCLA Store Updates on Ebook/Sapling access card

Postby Ryan_Kien_1L » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:10 pm

I got my Sapling Access card maybe a week after I ordered mine for shipping, I would shoot them an email if you're getting worried, but I assume you should be able to just walk in and get it.

Postby 505352202 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:20 am

Ryan_Kien_1L wrote:I got my Sapling Access card maybe a week after I ordered mine for shipping, I would shoot them an email if you're getting worried, but I assume you should be able to just walk in and get it.

Thank you!

Veeda Khan 2E

Postby Veeda Khan 2E » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:48 am

My Sapling card was shipped around two weeks after I ordered it and it still hasn't arrived :/.

Annette Fishman

Postby Annette Fishman » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:47 am

I ordered my Sapling textbook with the shipping option about a week before school started, and I received it in the middle of the second week of school. I kept checking the UCLA bookstore site for when the status of the book switched from "processing" to "shipping". They also sent me a few emails once it was actually shipped out so I could track the package. I agree, if you're really concerned then shoot an email; however, it does take a little while for sure. Also, I don't know if there were other options but I chose the 73 dollar bundle and I only got a code in the mail (not the physical textbook!)

Chenning Yang Dis3l

Postby Chenning Yang Dis3l » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:13 am

Hi! I believe you can email them to send you the sapling code. I did so as I am currently in another country. Just send them (textonline@asucla.ucla.edu) your order number and ask for the code. They replied pretty soon. Hope this helps!

Jason Knight - 1F

Postby Jason Knight - 1F » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:17 am

I also had the same question. Based on your guys responses I guess it wouldn't hurt to shoot the bookstore an email. I ordered my textbook a week before the quarter started and I haven't received any shipment tracking emails.

Angelica Soriano 3L

Postby Angelica Soriano 3L » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:08 pm

I bought it but it still hasn't shipped to me and I haven't received any info on the shipping. Will our free trial be extended if it doesn't come in time before that?

Connie Liang 3L

Postby Connie Liang 3L » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:22 pm

Angelica Soriano 1F wrote:I bought it but it still hasn't shipped to me and I haven't received any info on the shipping. Will our free trial be extended if it doesn't come in time before that?

I'm not too sure if our free trial will be extended. But just in case, make sure to download the e-book which can be done through Sapling. It also helps that Professor Lavelle moved our Week 2, 3, and 4 HW to be due at the end of Week 4 so hopefully we all receive the code by then and can submit the HW problems.

TJ Lai 2H

Postby TJ Lai 2H » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:10 pm

I ordered mine 3 weeks ago or so but never received it in the mail. However, I did get an email from textonline@asucla.ucla.edu with my code (I never requested it, they somehow just knew to email it to me)...

Serena Song 1A

Postby Serena Song 1A » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:04 pm

I placed my order around the end of week 0, and I still haven't received it in the mail. According to the store, my order has been shipped though, so I hope it'll arrive soon. I'll probably email them soon for a code.

Savana Maxfield 3F

Postby Savana Maxfield 3F » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:07 pm

If you still have not received your access code, I recommend starting a free trial of Sapling. I ordered mine well before classes started and mine came about 3 weeks after purchasing, in an email from ASUCLA. Hope that helps.

Yashvi Reddy 1H

Postby Yashvi Reddy 1H » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:10 pm

Hi! I got mine around a week and half after ordering, and I chose delivery. They sent me a few email updates in between if I remember correctly. I would say if you still haven't gotten yours, definitely get the free trial so that you can submit Sapling homeworks until you are able to enter in the access code. I would also try emailing them to see if you can figure out a way to receive your code virtually. Good luck!

allyssa bradley 1H

Postby allyssa bradley 1H » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:14 pm

I was also automatically sent the code to my textbook, probably around the time the free trial was sent out -- to anyone looking for it in their mailbox, mine was sent at 10:31 am on October 8. I actually missed it the first time because I was really confused by this random number just sent to me, but thank you to the previous reply who said theirs was automatically sent to them as well!

Jamie2002

Postby Jamie2002 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:49 pm

I ordered mine during Week 0 and I still haven't received my code so you're not alone. I would send them an email though!

Kyla Villarama 1E

Postby Kyla Villarama 1E » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:13 pm

My free trial ends tomorrow and I don't have my code yet, what will happen? Can I still use the access code once I receive it?

Kyla Villarama 1E

Postby Kyla Villarama 1E » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:01 am

I emailed ASUCLA last night and they sent me my code today. Definitely do that if you haven’t gotten yours yet!

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”