Midterm monitoring

Any general non-science questions (software questions/problems, etc.,) and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Jalyn Davis 3D

Midterm monitoring

Postby Jalyn Davis 3D » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:26 pm

Does anyone know how strict monitoring will be in terms of talking? When taking exams at home it helps me to read the questions aloud and I am just wondering if we could get flagged or in trouble for it. I wouldn't want to be suspected of cheating when I'm just reading the problem or solving aloud.

Aliya Roserie 3I

Re: Midterm monitoring

Postby Aliya Roserie 3I » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:38 pm

I had a similar question as well. I too like to read the questions aloud. Does anyone know if we can be muted for the duration of the exam?

Arti_Patel_3H

Postby Arti_Patel_3H » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:39 pm

It depends on your TA. Because we take the midterms during our discussion sessions, the TAs are monitoring us, so your TA will probably be able to answer this question.

Jalyn 3G

Postby Jalyn 3G » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:43 pm

I also believe that monitoring during the midterm will be up to your TA. I think they'll be going over the midterm and how the setup will work in more detail this week during our practice quiz with respondus and our external webcams.

abby hyman

Postby abby hyman » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:56 pm

I am assuming we can be muted for the exam as I have two roommates who would be using the space I would be taking the exam. My TA said that they want to be monitoring your workspace rather than your face. He recommended getting a webcam that would attach to your computer.

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”