Midterm topics and information

Any general non-science questions (software questions/problems, etc.,) and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Lindsey_Su_3A
Been upvoted: 1 time

Midterm topics and information

Postby Lindsey_Su_3A » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:22 pm

I tend to retain more information and learn better by studying the textbook. Will all the information needed for the midterm be in the textbook chapters? Will there be lecture-specific questions on the midterm that I can't learn in the textbook?

Jagveer 1I
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Midterm topics and information

Postby Jagveer 1I » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:54 pm

From what my TA told me, the midterm is going to resemble the textbook questions, so I do not think that questions will be specific to the lectures. The lectures cover what the book has, but they contain more examples and Professor Lavelle clarifies what we are expected to know and what we do not need to know, so the lectures are helpful in that way.

Angel More 2J

Postby Angel More 2J » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:58 pm

My guess is that you would be fine with just reading the textbook. From my understanding the textbook problems are the ones the exam is based on so making sure you understand that would be best. Also doing the audio visual practice problems.

Samantha Pedersen 2K
Been upvoted: 9 times

Postby Samantha Pedersen 2K » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:48 pm

While studying the textbook, I would make sure to focus on the conceptual information related to what we've discussed in lecture in addition to solving the textbook problems. My guess is that the midterm will have conceptual questions in addition to the calculation-based questions.

Keeryth Sandhu 1H

Postby Keeryth Sandhu 1H » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:56 pm

I think the problems for the textbook will be really helpful for the midterm. However, there might be some conceptual questions based on lecture content that may not be in the textbook.

Jamie Wang 3C

Postby Jamie Wang 3C » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:36 pm

Samantha Pedersen 2D wrote:While studying the textbook, I would make sure to focus on the conceptual information related to what we've discussed in lecture in addition to solving the textbook problems. My guess is that the midterm will have conceptual questions in addition to the calculation-based questions.

I'm kind of nervous about the conceptual aspect. What are you guys studying?

Kelly Singh

Postby Kelly Singh » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:45 pm

Jamie Wang 3G wrote:
Samantha Pedersen 2D wrote:While studying the textbook, I would make sure to focus on the conceptual information related to what we've discussed in lecture in addition to solving the textbook problems. My guess is that the midterm will have conceptual questions in addition to the calculation-based questions.

The modules have lots of good conceptual practice!!

Kelly Singh

Postby Kelly Singh » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:45 pm

Jamie Wang 3G wrote:

The modules have lots of good conceptual practice!!

Jamie Wang 3C

Postby Jamie Wang 3C » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:32 am

The modules have lots of good conceptual practice!![/quote]

In Sapling and the Textbook?

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”