Midterm 1 information

Any general non-science questions (software questions/problems, etc.,) and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

dana hu 1B
Been upvoted: 2 times

Midterm 1 information

Postby dana hu 1B » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:56 pm

Correct me if I am wrong:
1)Midterm date: 10/27? During a discussion with our TAs?
2)Need an external webcam? (Can I use my phone? What should the webcam be pointed towards? How to position it up? Zoom?)
3)Multiple choice: About 10-30 questions in 50 mins?
4)Will the test be found on CCLE (format, website,etc.)

I missed a lot of the discussions about the midterm bc of my poor internet connection, so if anyone can confirm, answer, or add any information I should know about the exam, please let me know! Thank you so much!

Madison Wong 3H

Re: Midterm 1 information

Postby Madison Wong 3H » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:58 pm

1) The midterm is during your discussion.
2) This is different depending on your TA, but for mine I can use my phone for zoom positioned towards my work space, and use my computer for taking the test itself. I would ask your TA to make sure what their policy is.
3) Multiple choice, it hasn't been confirmed exactly how many questions.
4) The test is through CCLE, but make sure you have the lockdown browser installed.

Mahnoor_Wani_1I
Been upvoted: 3 times

Postby Mahnoor_Wani_1I » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:59 pm

Yes it is during our TA discussion section but it will not be the same zoom link (another zoom link will be posted)
If you have an external webcam, you can use that. If not, use a second device but make sure to use the zoom link provided on your TA Site for proctoring
I'm not sure how many MC but yes it should be 50 minutes
Yes the test link is on ccle. I'm pretty sure it is under your TA site.

Emma Chang 1G

Postby Emma Chang 1G » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:08 pm

Hi! This is what I know so far:
1) The midterm is taken during your regular discussion section with your TA
2) I think Dr. Lavelle recommends an external webcam, but I would ask your TA. Some of them are letting students use their phones to go on zoom while they take the test on our computer. Through the camera on your external webcam (or phone), your TA wants to be able to see you and your workspace to make sure there aren't any open notes, textbooks, etc., so I'm going to try to have it set up so they can see what I'm am writing on as well as the surrounding area on the desk.
3) I know the questions are multiple choice but I'm not sure how many questions there are going to be? My TA said that the number of questions should be a reasonable amount to get through in the 50 minutes.
4) I'm not entirely sure about this for all the TA's, but for me the link was posted under my TA's site on CCLE.

Hope this helps!

Keeryth Sandhu 1H

Postby Keeryth Sandhu 1H » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:58 pm

The midterm is during your discussion. As for the external webcam, it's up to your TA; mine is okay with us using our phones. It will be all multiple choice, and it is through CCLE but you must have respondus downloaded beforehand.

Nandhini Ekambaram 1L

Postby Nandhini Ekambaram 1L » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:11 pm

1) Yes the midterm will be during your TA discussion time.
2) My TA is allowing us to use our phones to show our work and desk space while taking the exam.
3) I heard it is all multiple choice questions as well
4) The link to the Respondus Exam will be found on CCLE at the start of your discussion section

OwenSumter_2F

Postby OwenSumter_2F » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:21 am

For our normal discussion section time, do we join the regular zoom link first and then follow instructions of the TA or do we just join the zoom through the midterm straight away?

Emma Ide 2E

Postby Emma Ide 2E » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:26 am

The midterm is during your assigned discussion time. It is through lockdown browser, but we will need to be on zoom with our discussion group as well. Also, it is about 50 minutes so probably 10-15 questions

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”