Chemistry Modules

Any general non-science questions (software questions/problems, etc.,) and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Bethany Yang 2E
Been upvoted: 1 time

Chemistry Modules

Postby Bethany Yang 2E » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:58 pm

Do you know if Lavelle will continue posting the modules on his class website for the next units that we will be learning? I find them to have really helped with these past couple ones, especially being able to do more practice problems and seeing the correct answer. It also was good to try the problems before the video section, as it got me thinking of what I need to take out of it.

Julianna Shimabukuro 1D
Been upvoted: 1 time

Re: Chemistry Modules

Postby Julianna Shimabukuro 1D » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:10 pm

Hello! Someone asked this question in his office hours before, and he said that he would not continue posting modules for the future units since he is swamped with grading and ensuring that everything runs smoothly in terms of Chemistry Community, CCLE, etc. He said that instead we should take advantage of the many TA office hours, UA sessions, and workshops, as well as his discussion sessions, if we need help.

TJ Lai 2H

Postby TJ Lai 2H » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:22 pm

I found them to be super helpful too, so I'm kinda sad that there won't be more modules for the rest of the material (but totally understandable given how much work is put into running the class already). Hopefully for future years Dr. Lavelle can use the class recordings from this quarter!

Olivia Monroy 1A

Postby Olivia Monroy 1A » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:32 pm

Aw that's a bummer he won't be making modules moving forward but there are so many hours to get extra help/practice.. he's probably noted how helpful they are and will make them for 14a in the future.

Winzel Payumo 1B

Postby Winzel Payumo 1B » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:22 pm

I found the modules super helpful and I used them as a guide to know which topics I need to work on, so it's really sad there won't be modules anymore, but I understand that they can be quite time consuming to manage and Dr. Lavelle offers a lot more resources that are just as helpful, so I'm glad we have those!

Molly_Peterson_2F

Postby Molly_Peterson_2F » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:48 pm

That's too bad that he won't be posting them anymore! I found it helpful that they were another asynchronous way to study/learn the material.

Angela Marie Guevarra Dis3F

Postby Angela Marie Guevarra Dis3F » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:55 am

Hello everyone! I was at his office hours when a student asked about it, and he indeed confirmed that he would not be posting any more modules for the following units. It's a bit of a bummer since they are so helpful, but I'm really thankful for all that Dr. Lavelle has done to provide us resources during this time. I think that teaching remotely is just as difficult as learning remotely, so I'm glad we have his OH, TAs, and UAs for additional help. I'd just focus on the textbook questions and any other practice from UA sessions to study and understand

Postby 805377003 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:59 pm

As far as I know there aren't any more modules.

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”