14B Next Quarter

Any general non-science questions (software questions/problems, etc.,) and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

jadensteplight_2F
Been upvoted: 1 time

14B Next Quarter

Postby jadensteplight_2F » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:40 pm

I think this was answered previously, but I can't seem to find the post. Will 14B have the same enrollment as 14A this quarter? Meaning that everyone will be let in off of the waitlist? I have some classes that are more competitive in enrollment, and it would help if I could use my second pass on this class.

I guess this question is specifically for Dr. Lavelle, but if anyone can remember what his answer is, feel free to reply! Thanks in advance!

Bethany Yang 2E

Re: 14B Next Quarter

Postby Bethany Yang 2E » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:39 pm

I remember Lavelle saying for this class (14A) that he let everyone off the waitlist, but i do not think he specifically mentioned anything for 14B. I would assume it would be the same way because on the class planner, if I remember correctly, Lavelle is only teaching 14B, not A. So, I would say that if you have another class that needs to be prioritized, use chem on your second pass. Plus if the class is formatted the same way, it would not be as hard to fit in your schedule since you could watch the lectures whenever.

Nandhini Ekambaram 1L

Postby Nandhini Ekambaram 1L » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:46 pm

I am not sure if it's confirmed that 14B is also asynchronous since on MyUcla it still says its online recorded. But, I am sure Lavelle will accept everyone off the waitlist again next quarter. It would be good to confirm with him just in case.

Brian Bui 3H

Postby Brian Bui 3H » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:21 pm

Nandhini 1J wrote:I am not sure if it's confirmed that 14B is also asynchronous since on MyUcla it still says its online recorded. But, I am sure Lavelle will accept everyone off the waitlist again next quarter. It would be good to confirm with him just in case.

Although it says "Online - Recorded" it could still mean asynchronous. Just like Chem 14A right now it says "Online - Recorded" on myUCLA but the class is basically asynchronous!

Massimo_Capozza_1G

Postby Massimo_Capozza_1G » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:33 pm

If it doesn't fit in our schedule can we still take 14B spring semester or do we have to wait?

Sandra Kim 2B

Postby Sandra Kim 2B » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:38 pm

Massimo_Capozza_1H wrote:If it doesn't fit in our schedule can we still take 14B spring semester or do we have to wait?

I'm pretty sure the class itself would be available spring quarter but I would take into consideration that it might not be Dr. Lavelle teaching it

Yashvi Reddy 1H

Postby Yashvi Reddy 1H » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:52 pm

Hi! Really good question, I was wondering the same thing. I heard that it will be the same, so I am personally going to prioritize a higher demand class in hopes that I will be let off of the waitlist for Chem 14B. I think I will ask my TA for more specific information, though! Good luck with enrollment!

Nandhini Ekambaram 1L

Postby Nandhini Ekambaram 1L » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:16 pm

Brian Bui 2A wrote:
Nandhini 1J wrote:I am not sure if it's confirmed that 14B is also asynchronous since on MyUcla it still says its online recorded. But, I am sure Lavelle will accept everyone off the waitlist again next quarter. It would be good to confirm with him just in case.

Although it says "Online - Recorded" it could still mean asynchronous. Just like Chem 14A right now it says "Online - Recorded" on myUCLA but the class is basically asynchronous!

Ohhh that makes sense thanks!

Angel More
Been upvoted: 1 time

Postby Angel More » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:21 pm

Lavelle is accepting everyone off of the waitlist. Lavelle is not sure if the class will have asynchronous lectures next quarter.

Check these posts by Lavelle out:

- viewtopic.php?t=67049
- viewtopic.php?t=67067
- https://lavelle.chem.ucla.edu/wp-conten ... stions.pdf

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”