Grade Cutoffs

Any general non-science questions (software questions/problems, etc.,) and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Lorraine Medina 3E

Grade Cutoffs

Postby Lorraine Medina 3E » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:52 pm

Hi! Does anyone know the cutoffs for letter grades in this class? The only one I know is that "50% or higher is required to pass with a C- or higher," as stated in the syllabus, however I do not know which other percentages correspond with the other letter grades. Any help is appreciated, thank you so much!

FrancescaHawkins2H

Re: Grade Cutoffs

Postby FrancescaHawkins2H » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:33 pm

I may be wrong, but I believe that the exact cutoff or grade breakdown depends on how (or whether) the professor curves the grades at the end of the quarter, based on how most students did, which will likely depend on the final quite a bit.

Angelica Soriano 3L
Been upvoted: 1 time

Postby Angelica Soriano 3L » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:16 pm

FrancescaHawkins3J wrote:I may be wrong, but I believe that the exact cutoff or grade breakdown depends on how (or whether) the professor curves the grades at the end of the quarter, based on how most students did, which will likely depend on the final quite a bit.

^^ This is what I've heard. I think that our final grade will be curved based on how well most students performed in the class.

Katie Phan 1K

Postby Katie Phan 1K » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:00 pm

I think Lavelle said something about finishing up the syllabus? So maybe he'll put grade breakdowns on that.

Sameer Chowdhury 3C

Postby Sameer Chowdhury 3C » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:34 pm

FrancescaHawkins3J wrote:I may be wrong, but I believe that the exact cutoff or grade breakdown depends on how (or whether) the professor curves the grades at the end of the quarter, based on how most students did, which will likely depend on the final quite a bit.

Does anyone know what the curve has been like for this class in the past?

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”