Gabriel's Workshop - Week 3  [ENDORSED]

Any general non-science questions (software questions/problems, etc.,) and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Chem_Mod
Has upvoted: 1253 times

Gabriel's Workshop - Week 3  [ENDORSED]

Postby Chem_Mod » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:20 am

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone is looking forward to another fantastic week at UCLA! (Along with your midterms...)

I will be having my workshop at Covel Commons on the third floor in the Northridge Meeting Room on Saturday (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM) and Sunday (1:00 PM - 2:00 PM).

This week will be a little different because of midterms approaching! On Saturday, we will go over a worksheet based on the prior week's material, as per usual. However, on Sunday, we will be going over a separate midterm practice worksheet! The link to these worksheets will be provided below.

Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1kPvj0DGQfw14LTZdrMSIFzVfSrQr9xoF

Looking forward to seeing anyone this weekend!

Best wishes,
Gabe

Selene_Lam_1G
Been upvoted: 1 time

Re: Gabriel's Workshop - Week 3

Postby Selene_Lam_1G » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:43 pm

Hi Gabe,

Thank you so much for creating the worksheet for us! I was wondering for the midterm practice worksheet number 11, which answer is the correct answer? the one highlighted or the one with the arrow? If it is the one with the arrow, can you explain how you got that please? Thank you so much.

Chem_Mod
Has upvoted: 1253 times

Postby Chem_Mod » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:59 pm

Hello Selene,

It should be the indicated answer with the arrow.

Once you calculated the wavelength of the threshold energy, any lower wavelength (thus high energy), should yield a nonzero kinetic energy. Thus, it would be 100 nm.

Best,
Gabe

Selene_Lam_1G
Been upvoted: 1 time

Postby Selene_Lam_1G » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:48 pm

Got it, thank you so much!

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”