Final Exam

This forum topic is for students to self-organize study groups, etc.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Ashley Barrera 1J

Final Exam

Postby Ashley Barrera 1J » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:33 pm

Does anyone know the weights of topics of the final exam, like if the last few weeks like 7-10 are weighted more on the exam than the previous weeks? Also does anyone know how many questions it will be?

Jasmine Salameh2K

Re: Final Exam

Postby Jasmine Salameh2K » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:38 pm

I just went to a workshop and the host was saying that Dr. Lavelle tries to evenly weigh the topics on the final exam based on her experience with it, as far as the number of questions, I'm not too sure Dr. has disclosed this yet.

sarahpack

Postby sarahpack » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:56 pm

If the final is weighted the same as it was in 14A, then electrochem and kinetics will be weighted slightly more heavily than other previous topics, but those topics will definitely still be present.

Serenity Shadowens 2F

Postby Serenity Shadowens 2F » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:25 pm

Based on my experience taking Lavelle in 14A, there will likely be slightly more questions focused on electrochemistry and kinetics, but at least one question for every outline. Something that helped me was scanning through the textbook problems. If I already knew how to do it, I would skip it and focus on the questions I found the hardest. I kept retrying difficult problems until I was able to understand them. Then, if I had extra time I would go through topics that I was more confident about just to make sure I could remember them.

Return to “Student Social/Study Group”