Best Midterm Review

This forum topic is for students to self-organize study groups, etc.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Alondra Olmos 4C

Best Midterm Review

Postby Alondra Olmos 4C » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:22 pm

What type of reviews did you guys find more beneficial. I attended a few peer learning sessions and midterm review sessions, but I was wondering which ones you guys thought helped the most so I can try to invest more time when it comes to the final.

Sheridan Slaterbeck 1J

Re: Best Midterm Review

Postby Sheridan Slaterbeck 1J » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:57 pm

peer learning sessions will break down fewer problems but go slowly and more in depth, a chance to ask more questions
Midterm reviews cover more problems but go really fast and get less explanation , more for practice if you already understand the topic.

Laurence Tacderas 1K

Postby Laurence Tacderas 1K » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:39 pm

I found certain review sessions to be rather helpful, generally they were the ones that went over specific topics. I would also recommend going to sessions, both TA and UA led, that provide practice questions that mirror the difficulty of the tests.

2c_britneyly

Postby 2c_britneyly » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:56 pm

I highly recommend attending UA sessions since they create worksheets a bit more on the challenging side. Although the worksheets aren't always accurate reflections of the test, you come out with a deeper understanding of the material.

MadisonB

Postby MadisonB » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:22 pm

I found the reviews helpful, and sometimes past exams proved beneficial. Also, reviewing lecture notes and the textbook. I thought the midterm went beyond the difficulty for most HW problems, so maybe looking for more difficult problems.

Kessandra Ng 1K

Postby Kessandra Ng 1K » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:47 pm

I personally found Lyndon's midterm review extremely useful - but it's more useful if you attempt his questions beforehand so you're not looking at it for the first time during the session. Also, the UA worksheets are super helpful and Dr. Lavelle's homework problems!

aaronharouni

Postby aaronharouni » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:10 pm

When will exam grades be posted?

Millicent Navarro 1I

Postby Millicent Navarro 1I » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:54 pm

Personally, I think attending UA sessions are really helpful (i.e., Lyndon and Karen). The UAs usually provide you worksheets for you to work on prior to the workshop so you get a chance to practice the actual content. In addition, it is nice to have another former student's perspective on the actual class.

Return to “Student Social/Study Group”