General tips/hints

This forum topic is for students to self-organize study groups, etc.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Natalie 3k

General tips/hints

Postby Natalie 3k » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:11 pm

Hi! I was just curious as to what topics everyone had a hard time with, and what hints or tips you found that helped you out. Goodluck on all your finals!

Hayden Lee 1C

Re: General tips/hints

Postby Hayden Lee 1C » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:16 pm

I sometimes struggle with determining which equation(s) from our equation sheet should be used for a certain problem and whether I am using it correctly. To tackle this issue, I have just been doing problems from the book and Sapling. While I have already done the majority of these problems, going over the process of choosing and applying each equation has been very helpful for me. Other than this, I have been simply reviewing notes and homework from sections that I'm not entirely confident with.

josephspindler2H
Been upvoted: 1 time

Postby josephspindler2H » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:19 pm

I agree with Hayden, it really helps to look over practice problems and practice applying the equations so you can understand what equation goes with what concept.

Marco Vivar 3G

Postby Marco Vivar 3G » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:34 pm

I agree I think the best thing to do is review instead of learning new topics.

Andrew Dao 3C

Postby Andrew Dao 3C » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:44 pm

Yes chemistry gets much easier when one just goes through the motions of problem solving and learning as you go.

SophiaBarden 2E

Postby SophiaBarden 2E » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:48 pm

Hayden Lee 1C wrote:I sometimes struggle with determining which equation(s) from our equation sheet should be used for a certain problem and whether I am using it correctly. To tackle this issue, I have just been doing problems from the book and Sapling. While I have already done the majority of these problems, going over the process of choosing and applying each equation has been very helpful for me. Other than this, I have been simply reviewing notes and homework from sections that I'm not entirely confident with.

I also have fairly hard time with this as well! I've really been going through all the problems and writing down any that I was unable to solve without looking at the answers process. Then at the end, I mix them together and try them all again, that way I don't know exactly what section or topic the questions are from! This is how the test is so it has been helpful:)

Return to “Student Social/Study Group”