Saying Thank You to Dr. Lavelle

General non-science questions and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Chem_Mod
Has upvoted: 405 times

Re: Saying Thank You to Dr. Lavelle

Postby Chem_Mod » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:55 pm

You are welcome!

Bella Martin

Postby Bella Martin » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:52 pm

Hi! This is kind of embarrassing but this is my second time taking chem 14a. I came to UCLA not knowing what I wanted to do, and I learned quickly that science was not my passion. Although I'm now happily a north campus major, I wanted to improve my GPA and retaking chem was what I needed to do, so here I am :) I was nervous and embarrassed and really thought I would fail miserably again but I have really appreciated the time I have had in chem this summer, especially you enthusiasm for our success. So thank you very much for this second chance :)

Chem_Mod
Has upvoted: 405 times

Postby Chem_Mod » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:22 pm

Hi Bella,

Thank you for sharing.

I do put much effort into encouragement and organize extensive additional support for students in my classes.

More importantly, excellent to hear you did not give up!
:-)

A lesson I hope will stay with you for life.

rachel liu 3k

Postby rachel liu 3k » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:57 pm

Dear Dr. Lavelle,
I know the class has barely started but I just want to take a moment to appreciate the little dance you do to your presentation music before class begins. It is wholesome and precious and makes my day. Thank you.

Keerthana Sivathasan 4G

Postby Keerthana Sivathasan 4G » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:35 pm

Dear Professor,
I truly appreciate the way that you are always so positive and smile a lot during class, which makes chem go by so fast, especially because sometimes these concepts may be difficult to understand and grasp. I also find it so nice that you give out so many opportunities to get help, like the peer review sessions, office hours, etc, so there is no excuse for not getting help if we need it, as so many hours are being allotted purely furor benefit.

Jingyao Chen 4H

Postby Jingyao Chen 4H » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:28 pm

Thank you Dr. Lavelle for making the concepts super easy to understand. You are a wonderful teacher. With your lectures, I was able to grasp new concepts in a very short amount of time. Thank you!

Areli C 3L

Postby Areli C 3L » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:23 am

Speaking as someone who has taken 14A before and didn't do so well, Dr. Lavelle you really make these concepts so interesting and easy to understand. Your passion seeps through every lecture making your students feel as passionate to learn as you are to teach! Truly a one-of-a-kind professor :)

cassidysong 1E

Postby cassidysong 1E » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:22 pm

Thank you Dr. Lavelle for all of your instruction. Your passion for not only the subject of chemistry but the well-being of your students is palpable. Thank you for applying chemistry principles to a lab setting in order for us to understand the importance of every chemistry concept we learn.

Naomi 3G

Postby Naomi 3G » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:36 pm

I wanted to say thank you to Dr. Lavelle for creating such helpful video modules for each topic in this course. Lots of times in class it's hard for me to comprehend everything that is being taught because I don't have enough time to process each point. However, the videos allow me to go through the material at my own pace with really clear explanations of all of the concepts. I would not be able to make it throughout this course, or understand chemistry without them!
Thank You!

Jaklin Astvatsatryan

Postby Jaklin Astvatsatryan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:53 pm

Naomi 3G wrote:I wanted to say thank you to Dr. Lavelle for creating such helpful video modules for each topic in this course. Lots of times in class it's hard for me to comprehend everything that is being taught because I don't have enough time to process each point. However, the videos allow me to go through the material at my own pace with really clear explanations of all of the concepts. I would not be able to make it throughout this course, or understand chemistry without them!
Thank You!

I can completely relate to this. I took chemistry my junior year and was rusty on the material I learned. But with the modules provided, I was able to refresh my memory and learn new concepts at my own pace. Thank you Dr. Lavelle for taking the time to give us the resources to succeed.

PriscillaLi_3G

Postby PriscillaLi_3G » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:27 pm

Dr. Lavelle,

Thank you for putting in so much effort in providing us resources to learn chemistry! Also, I appreciate the memes:)

Priscilla

Eva Zhao 3B

Postby Eva Zhao 3B » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:50 pm

Dear Dr. Lavelle,

Thank you for an incredible winter quarter! I really appreciate all of the resources you provide on your website and the many, many hours of review and study sessions you offer. You definitely help to build a stable foundation for future courses in chemistry. With that, I look forward to having you as my professor again in Chem 14B!

Best,
Eva

nicole-4d

Postby nicole-4d » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:50 pm

Thank you Dr. Lavelle for being such an amazing professor and can not wait to be in chem 14B with you next quarter!

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”