Test On Tuesday

General non-science questions and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

JulieAljamal1E

Test On Tuesday

Postby JulieAljamal1E » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:46 pm

Hi, I was wondering if chapter 1F will be included on the test on Tuesday because in class, Dr. Lavelle mentioned the test would only include information taught up to Friday's lecture, but the outline on his website shows that we should also know 1F.

Hanniel U 2B

Re: Test On Tuesday

Postby Hanniel U 2B » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:50 pm

From what I know, the test will cover the Photoelectric effect, De Broglie wavelength, Heisenberg uncertainty, Atomic spectra, and Quantum numbers.

MichaelMoreno2G

Postby MichaelMoreno2G » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:55 pm

I wouldn't doubt it since it's in the outline. However, if there were to be a question regarding that section it shouldn't be too hard (I hope).

LaurenJuul_1B

Postby LaurenJuul_1B » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:22 pm

Professor Lavelle stated that only the material covered in lecture up until last Friday (10/19/18) will be on the test. Since we did not cover periodic trends in lecture, it will not be on the test. If you know everything up until multi-electron atoms, which I believe is section 1E in the seventh edition textbook, you will be fine!

Mikka Hoffman 1C
Been upvoted: 2 times

Postby Mikka Hoffman 1C » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:04 am

LaurenJuul_1B wrote:Professor Lavelle stated that only the material covered in lecture up until last Friday (10/19/18) will be on the test. Since we did not cover periodic trends in lecture, it will not be on the test. If you know everything up until multi-electron atoms, which I believe is section 1E in the seventh edition textbook, you will be fine!

Does that include the information in section 1E?

Erin Nash - 4G

Postby Erin Nash - 4G » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:12 pm

He emphasized once more during lecture today that only material we covered up until Friday will be on the test.

Anne Kim 3F

Postby Anne Kim 3F » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:37 am

JulieAljamal3B wrote:Hi, I was wondering if chapter 1F will be included on the test on Tuesday because in class, Dr. Lavelle mentioned the test would only include information taught up to Friday's lecture, but the outline on his website shows that we should also know 1F.

One of the TA also said we have to memorize the Lyman and the Balmer series as well.

Clarissa Cabil 1I

Postby Clarissa Cabil 1I » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:26 pm

Anne Kim 3F wrote:
JulieAljamal3B wrote:Hi, I was wondering if chapter 1F will be included on the test on Tuesday because in class, Dr. Lavelle mentioned the test would only include information taught up to Friday's lecture, but the outline on his website shows that we should also know 1F.

One of the TA also said we have to memorize the Lyman and the Balmer series as well.

What information about the Lyman and Balmer series should we know?

Julia Jones 1G

Postby Julia Jones 1G » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:36 pm

Anne Kim 3F wrote:

do you know what specific information we need to know about Lyman and balmer series or is it just in general?

Daniel Chang 3I

Postby Daniel Chang 3I » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:06 am

Wait we should know Lyman and Balmer?

Anne Kim 3F

Postby Anne Kim 3F » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:28 pm

Julia Jones 1G wrote:
Anne Kim 3F wrote:

do you know what specific information we need to know about Lyman and balmer series or is it just in general?

We didnt need the Lyman and Balmer Series for this midterm, but Neel said that we should know both of them.

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”