week 5 homework

General non-science questions and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Daniela Shatzki 2E

week 5 homework

Postby Daniela Shatzki 2E » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:46 pm

should our homework for this week be from the thermochemistry and first law of thermodynamics section or thermodynamics: second and third laws section?

nicolely2F

Re: week 5 homework

Postby nicolely2F » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:12 pm

Your hw should always aim to cover the most recent topics, so go for the Second and Third Laws of Thermodynamics. But if you feel too much difficulty don't worry and just pick some from the previous topic. Nobody's gonna keep a strict track of which topics you choose, it's more a matter of getting enough practice for yourself.

Keerthana Sivathasan 2E

Postby Keerthana Sivathasan 2E » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:46 am

I think it also depends on when your discussion is. For example, if your discussion is a little later in the week, then you could do homework that is a little more recent like the second and third laws of thermodynamics because you would have had a little more time to understand it, but if your discussion is early in the week, you could do some thermochemistry. It's honestly up to you and based on how comfortable you are on the topics.

Abhi Vempati 2H

Postby Abhi Vempati 2H » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:03 am

Since we are also incorporating a lot of thermochemistry and First Law concepts into our lectures for the Second and Third Laws, I'm pretty sure it would be fine to have some problems from the previous unit for Week 5 HW. However, I would include some problems from the current unit as well. Hope this helps!

Gabriel Ordonez 2K

Postby Gabriel Ordonez 2K » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:15 am

Honestly, your homework can be anything not completed up to this week. Of course, I wouldn’t go back to do week 1 questions, but I would try doing anything recent or applicable.

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”