Sapling HW

General non-science questions and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Jonathan Batac - 2D

Sapling HW

Postby Jonathan Batac - 2D » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:32 pm

I was just checking CCLE and looked at my grade for Week 1's Sapling HW. I completed it during Week 1; I remember because I remember seeing the cute little hopping bunny. Anyways, my grade was a 90% and I was confused as to why. I also faintly remember logging onto CCLE and checking my grade about a week ago and it said my grade was 100% for week 1. So I logged back onto Sapling and had to do the the last problem of the assignment again; thankfully I did this before the due date, which was tonight. I was just wondering why this happened. If it only happened to me, it was probably a problem on my end. Did anyone else have this problem? Thanks!
Last edited by Jonathan Batac - 2D on Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aliya Roserie 3I

Re: Sapling HW

Postby Aliya Roserie 3I » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:33 pm

I did not have this issue. Try emailing your TA to ensure that your grade is accounted for !

Nicole Critzer 2L

Postby Nicole Critzer 2L » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:39 pm

I'm confused about this too. I think I have the same problem. I finished today and on sapling it shows I have a 100% but on ccle it shows I have a 97%. Does it take a while to load or update frequently?

Jonathan Batac - 2D

Postby Jonathan Batac - 2D » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:46 pm

Nicole Critzer 2L wrote:I'm confused about this too. I think I have the same problem. I finished today and on sapling it shows I have a 100% but on ccle it shows I have a 97%. Does it take a while to load or update frequently?

CCLE does take a while to catch up to Sapling; to make sure, I would take a screenshot or have some sort of proof that you got a 100% on Sapling. My problem, however, is that I completed the assignment more than a week ago, but for some reason Sapling "took away" points so I had to do problem 10 again.

Jonathan Batac - 2D

Postby Jonathan Batac - 2D » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:48 pm

Aliya Roserie 3I wrote:I did not have this issue. Try emailing your TA to ensure that your grade is accounted for !

Thanks! I'll make sure to do that.

Charlotte Chen 3B

Postby Charlotte Chen 3B » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:06 pm

I have the same issue with CCLE saying I got 80% on the assignment when I got 100% on Sapling. I'm just worried because I don't know which questions it has counted as 'incorrect' as Sapling isn't giving me any indication - I was wondering if you were able to resolve this issue, and if you know why it happens? Is it maybe to do with how many times we attempt each problem? Thank you!

Savana Maxfield 3F

Postby Savana Maxfield 3F » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:16 pm

Usually after you complete Sapling, CCLE takes a little while to catch up. Sometimes I've had my grade on CCLE not reflect my grade on Sapling, but I waited a few hours and it updated. If you complete all of the problems in the assignment correctly, you should eventually have the 100% updated on CCLE. As for the question above, Sapling does not take away points for the number of attempts, so this will not affect your grade! The only thing that matters is that you eventually reach the right answer for full credit :)

Sarah Hernandez 1F

Postby Sarah Hernandez 1F » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:25 pm

Charlotte Chen 3B wrote:I have the same issue with CCLE saying I got 80% on the assignment when I got 100% on Sapling. I'm just worried because I don't know which questions it has counted as 'incorrect' as Sapling isn't giving me any indication - I was wondering if you were able to resolve this issue, and if you know why it happens? Is it maybe to do with how many times we attempt each problem? Thank you!

I don't think anything is marked as incorrect/you have to redo anything, like other people said CCLE just takes a while to update so as long as you know finished you should be fine

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”