Midterm Exams

General non-science questions and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Garmani Kyaw

Midterm Exams

Postby Garmani Kyaw » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:03 pm

How will the midterm exams be taken? Will we be in our breakout-rooms with our TAs while they proctor us?

How will it pan out because my lap-top doesn't have a camera so I'll have to use my phone for zoom and take the test with my lap-top?

Andrew Wang 1C
Been upvoted: 5 times

Re: Midterm Exams

Postby Andrew Wang 1C » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:07 pm

Yeah they'll most likely be the same as last quarter where we take it in breakout rooms with TA's. And it's fine if your laptop doesn't have a camera, we used our phones for the zoom last quarter too while taking the test on computer.

Jason_Glass_2L

Postby Jason_Glass_2L » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:46 pm

It will be very similar in format to last years midterms. The only major difference is that it won't be during your discussion time, meaning that everyone is taking the midterm at the same time.

Melis Kasaba 2B

Postby Melis Kasaba 2B » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:00 pm

The format will be the same as last term except the actual exam will take place during class rather than discussion. You do not need a webcam because you can join Zoom on any other device (phone, iPad, etc.) and then take the midterm with Respondus on your laptop. There will most likely be a specific Zoom link for your TA section, so they can proctor you.

Sam_Marasigan_3D

Postby Sam_Marasigan_3D » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:56 pm

Jason_Glass_2L wrote:It will be very similar in format to last years midterms. The only major difference is that it won't be during your discussion time, meaning that everyone is taking the midterm at the same time.
So, midterms will be held during our lecture times?

Uyenvy Nguyen 1D

Postby Uyenvy Nguyen 1D » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:10 pm

Sam_Marasigan_3D wrote:
Jason_Glass_2L wrote:It will be very similar in format to last years midterms. The only major difference is that it won't be during your discussion time, meaning that everyone is taking the midterm at the same time.
So, midterms will be held during our lecture times?

Yes, I believe midterms will be held on the Friday of our lecture time. There is an exam schedule with all the information on the class website :-)

Vanessa Perez

Postby Vanessa Perez » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:18 pm

I think it will be like last quarter where TAs will give out zoom codes. I think the only thing different is it will not be during section, instead it will be during class time

Nandhini Ekambaram 1L

Postby Nandhini Ekambaram 1L » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:32 pm

I think it will be similar to the final exam last quarter. Each TA will proctor all their discussion sections in one zoom with breakout rooms. They should be able to see your workspace as you take the exam.

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”