Suggestion for future

General non-science questions and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Mrudula Akkinepally

Suggestion for future

Postby Mrudula Akkinepally » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:47 am

Hello!

I have a suggestion for next quarter 14a and b. I think the UA sessions are super helpful, especially toward the end of the quarter because Dr. Lavelle categorizes them by units/topics. I was thinking that it would be really helpful if that was the case for the entire quarter.

So each week there would be UA sessions that discuss the current unit but there would also be designated sessions that discuss the previous weeks' units. The first week of 14a can also have high school chemistry topics and the first week of 14b can have 14a topics. I understand that it may be more work to organize, however, I feel that it would be incredibly beneficial for students to be able to review topics throughout the quarter as opposed to just at the end. 

I'm done with the general chemistry series after this quarter but I just thought it would be really helpful for students in the future.

Please let me know what you guys think or if you have any suggestions of your own :)

Chem_Mod
Has upvoted: 1253 times

Re: Suggestion for future

Postby Chem_Mod » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:17 am

Thanks for the useful suggestion.

Note that the UAs did do review the week of midterm 1, the week of midterm 2, and the week of the final. So those three weeks do a lot of review.

There are pros and cons. Some students cannot attend specific times covering review of topic X. They then request that topic X be covered at different times. So it then gets complicated.

10% of students with time conflicts on specific topics would generate ~100 requests/email per week.

I will discuss it with the UAs and get their input.

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”