Final jitters

General non-science questions and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Janna Shakiba

Final jitters

Postby Janna Shakiba » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:53 pm

Hi there,

I don't know about anyone else but I am really starting to feel nervous about the final tomorrow, like a prolonged panic attack. I've been studying a ton so I think I'll do okay, and I know it's not the end of the world if I don't, but I just can't seem to calm down. I'm worried I'm going to wake up tomorrow in bad shape and be unable to take the test.

Does anyone have any tips for staying cool under pressure? Thank you in advance for any answers :)

Joyce Pang 2H

Re: Final jitters

Postby Joyce Pang 2H » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:55 pm

If you're still studying, it might be a good idea to take a break for a bit and just do something fun or relaxing. maybe think of things you're going to do after finals, or just planning something to look forward to! it might help distract you from the stress and give you a nice pump of serotonin :)

Valerie Tran 2B
Been upvoted: 2 times

Postby Valerie Tran 2B » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:59 pm

Stop studying now, your brain needs a break and at this point, you know everything that you could know. Do things that make you happy and focus on the fact that you came this far and you'll be fine. Just try to keep yourself relaxed and distracted. I listen to music constantly because it helps my brain not go 1000000mph and keeps me calm.

Charlotte Adams 1A
Been upvoted: 1 time

Postby Charlotte Adams 1A » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:00 pm

You got this!!!Just keep reminding yourself that you have studied, that you are prepared, and it is just one test.

Katelyn_Ortega_1D

Postby Katelyn_Ortega_1D » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:15 pm

Half the fight is having the confidence! I have a real problem with that so I try and remind myself that I studied and am totally calm becuase I will do great on the final. It is to almost trick my mind into believing the words in keep repeating in my head

Taylor K 2D
Been upvoted: 1 time

Postby Taylor K 2D » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:17 pm

Get lots of sleep and don't psych yourself out - you got this!!! Also don't forget to change your clocks!!!

Michael Cardenas 3B

Postby Michael Cardenas 3B » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:21 pm

Taylor K 2D wrote:Get lots of sleep and don't psych yourself out - you got this!!! Also don't forget to change your clocks!!!

Wow thank you for reminding us! I had no idea it was already time to spring forward.

Janna Shakiba

Postby Janna Shakiba » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:00 am

Thank you guys for all this great advice! It really helped me calm down before taking the final, which I think went okay! And now it's time to move on to the next final...story of our lives

Shivani Kapur 2J

Postby Shivani Kapur 2J » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:22 am

Hi, I saw this after the final but I hope your final went great and you didn't over stress yourself too much. I know how hard it can be when all you can think about is preparing more for finals especially when you have multiple within the same week. At least it's all over!!!

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”