Chemistry Community Logistics

General non-science questions and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Mara Crooks 1F

Chemistry Community Logistics

Postby Mara Crooks 1F » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:16 am

I am new to Lavelle and new to Chemistry Community. I have been trying to keep up with this assignment but have a few logistical questions.

How do we decide where to post questions and what if we get our placement wrong?

Is there anything I need to do in my questions or answers to ensure I get credit?

It is just 50 interactions within this forum for the whole quarter? Where do we see our total?

What is the timeframe of questions we can answer? I see a lot of old questions from old classes. Can we still answer those or do they have to be from our quarter?

Thanks and sorry if these are redundant. If there is a more clear answer to questions like this somewhere, please let me know, I have been having trouble navigating this website.

Baffour Adusei 1L
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Chemistry Community Logistics

Postby Baffour Adusei 1L » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:44 am

Hi! I'm not entirely sure how Chemistry Community works either, but since I took Chem 14A with Lavelle in Fall 2021, I have some general tips:

- Try and post in discussion on recent or current topics (topics we are covering in lecture)
- When answering questions, try and do the ones from our quarter
- The syllabus says Chemistry Community is weekly, so do 5 each week. You can see your total when you go to the top left, click "quick links" and then "Your Posts". That shows
you your total, including any posts you would've had from Chem 14A. (My total is over 50, so I need to track the next 50)

Ultimately, I think it is up to the TA's to report your participation on Chemistry Community, so make sure to check in with them. Hope this helps!

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”