How exactly do we receive points for our posts on Chem community?

General non-science questions and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Sam Leistiko 2B

How exactly do we receive points for our posts on Chem community?

Postby Sam Leistiko 2B » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:14 pm

Hello,

I know that to receive points for Chem community in 14B, posts cannot be in Administrative Questions. However, do they have to be in a specific category? For example, because it is
week four, and we are focusing on thermodynamics, do we have to post on a thermodynamics topic to receive points?

Additionally, does anybody know the time range in which we need to post to receive credit? Right now, I am averaging three posts a week, but I am not sure if they are within the correct time range. Is there a harsh cutoff (ex, Week 3 posts only count from 12:00am Jan 22 to 12 am Jan 29), or are we fine as long as the 3 posts per week are generally within the timeframe of the week of the quarter? Or maybe we just need 30 by the end of the quarter?

Thanks!

nataliemartin2H

Re: How exactly do we receive points for our posts on Chem community?

Postby nataliemartin2H » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:19 pm

I was also wondering about the time frame. It know sounds like a far-fetched excuse but last week on Sunday, my computer completely stopped working out of the blue and I didn't get to post in the correct time frame. On Monday, I went to the apple store and ended up having to buy an entirely new computer. This week I'm making up for my lost posts by posting an extra three this week but I'm not sure whether it will count or not?

ella3

Postby ella3 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:47 pm

^^I'm also wondering about the time frame and if we can makeup missed points from past weeks. I think I saw someone on here say that as long as you have a certain number of points by the end of the 10 weeks, you'll get full points but I have no idea if that's true.

Postby 605815546 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:36 pm

this hasn't been confirmed by dr. Lavelle but I heard from someone that it could depend on your TA because they are the ones tabulating the points. some might check weekly while others check at the end of the quarter, so i would ask them about this just to be sure.

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”