Final Nerves and thoughts

Science questions not covered in Chem 14A and 14B. Try to limit questions to chemistry (inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, organic chemistry, biophysical chemistry, biochemistry, materials science, environmental chemistry).

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Taylor K 2D
Been upvoted: 1 time

Final Nerves and thoughts

Postby Taylor K 2D » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:52 pm

I was already a little nervous for the final and then I remembered that it is going to be on daylight savings so we're gonna lose an hour of sleep the night before/morning of the final ;_;. At least it's pi day which means discounted pizza and pie. How are you guys planning to get your stress out this weekend?

Lindsey_Su_3A
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Final Nerves and thoughts

Postby Lindsey_Su_3A » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:57 pm

I felt like I was getting really burnt out from studying for not just chem, but all of my other classes. So, I took today to just spend time with my puppy and go outside because it was super nice weather! Definitely helped me recharge and I feel like I'm ready to do a final bit of studying this weekend!

Good luck to everyone!

Shalyn Kelly 3H

Postby Shalyn Kelly 3H » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:04 pm

Hi! Kind of similar to the person above, I'll probably take a walk and hang out with my cats—maybe continue trying to teach one a trick lol. Discounted pizza and pie sounds cool though! Good luck everyone :)

Nick P 3D

Postby Nick P 3D » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:07 pm

I'm definitely going to go buy some pizza after I finish, that should cheer me up because I already know it will be pretty rough. Blaze pizza is selling pizzas for $3.14 so thats my current plan. Until then, I'll be studying!

LexyDenaburg_3A

Postby LexyDenaburg_3A » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:54 pm

I'm probably going to spend it studying but try not to stress too much! We got this !!

Brittney Nguyen 2L
Been upvoted: 4 times

Postby Brittney Nguyen 2L » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:15 pm

I'm going to try to indulge myself a bit in my hobbies (mainly karaoke, lol). Also, exercising my mind and body B)

Brian Acevedo 2E

Postby Brian Acevedo 2E » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:03 pm

A lot of the stress I personally feel relating to tests comes from the idea of not knowing how to do a certain type of problem that will end up on the test. For that reason, I'll be spending the remainder of my time prior to the final studying and doing practice problems. The more I do, the lower the probability of encountering a problem I'm unprepared for, and lower stress comes as a byproduct.

Katie Lam 2J

Postby Katie Lam 2J » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:06 pm

I am definitely going to make sure I get plenty of rest, especially since we're losing an hour of sleep. I will also make sure I take breaks throughout my study sessions to watch some of my favorite tv shows!

Winzel Payumo 1B

Postby Winzel Payumo 1B » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:28 pm

I can't even destress after our final tomorrow since it's my first final this quarter out of four. I have finals on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, and group tests that would probably take place on Thursday (so two tests) and Friday ahaha pain :)) I will destress after my finals by avoiding anything school related for couple of days since I really need it. My classes are starting to consume most of my time, so I'd love to have a couple of days where in I could slack off and do what i love :D

connie ma 3G
Been upvoted: 2 times

Postby connie ma 3G » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:38 pm

honestly probably gonna stay on the grind until all my finals are over because im pretty behind in my other classes lol but then over spring break im finally gonna get to go on a trip!

Aimee Alvarado 3J

Postby Aimee Alvarado 3J » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:45 pm

I think after the chem final I might take a quick nap before beginning to study for my other assignments. After finals, I'm hoping to completely relax by watching lots of movies and shows before school starts again.

uclakat

Postby uclakat » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:27 pm

Yeah a lot of MJ to relax these nerves

Return to “General Science Questions”