Bohr and constructive vs destructive interference

H-Atom ()

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Sophia Henry

Bohr and constructive vs destructive interference

Postby Sophia Henry » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:07 pm

So I am reviewing for the final and I need help with the following thing. Per my studying constructive interference is when peaks match up with peaks and when there is constructive interference the amplitude of a wave will increase; meanwhile, when it comes to destructive interference, this is when peaks match up with troughs so this causes the amplitude of a wave to decrease and it can actually cancel out where the wave becomes flat. And in my studying, I am finding that constructive and destructive interference notes that I have are located next to notes about the Bohr Frequency conditions which says that hv=deltaE and I am wondering does this Bohr equation and concept relate to constructive and destructive interference? I want to know why in my notes I related the two concepts as if they were part of the same bigger picture. Like since the Bohr equation is about the frequency of an emitted photon when it comes to the photoelectric effect perhaps it has to do with how frequency is related to wavelength and then that has to do with the constructive and destructive waves concept?

Angelica Malau 1B

Re: Bohr and constructive vs destructive interference

Postby Angelica Malau 1B » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:12 pm

The Bohr equation and the concepts of constructive and destructive interference are most likely together because they both connect to electromagnetic radiation and the behavior of light. The emissions and absorption of photons (light and waves) are key details in both topics.

Sandra Espinoza 3A

Re: Bohr and constructive vs destructive interference

Postby Sandra Espinoza 3A » Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:29 am

No they are not directly related because the Bohr equation is not needed to solve or figure out any interference.

Return to “Bohr Frequency Condition, H-Atom , Atomic Spectroscopy”