Copenhagen Interpretation

Science questions not covered in Chem 14A and 14B. Try to limit questions to chemistry (inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, organic chemistry, biophysical chemistry, biochemistry, materials science, environmental chemistry).

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Guangyu Li 2J
Been upvoted: 1 time

Copenhagen Interpretation

Postby Guangyu Li 2J » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:24 pm

In today's lecture, the professor mentioned Bohr Frequency Condition and Heisenberg (maybe in my discussion class, I'm not pretty sure). Well, these two people reminded me of a theory that I read on another book—Copenhagen Interpretation. The definition that I remembered was: when one sees another person, he or she simultaneously alters that person's identity. Therefore, a question has come up to my mind: If one person can change another person's personality, then he or she can also be changed through interactions with others. Thus, does this mean that there is not an omnipresent and omnipotent [censored] that solves all problems? More important, what is the connection between this theory and quantum mechanics to the field of both science and philosophy?

Chem_Mod
Has upvoted: 882 times

Re: Copenhagen Interpretation

Postby Chem_Mod » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:39 am

It is true I discussed the Bohr Frequency Condition in Friday's class.
And Monday I will discuss the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.

Interesting observation which I agree with:
"when one sees another person, he or she simultaneously alters that person's identity. Therefore, a question has come up to my mind: If one person can change another person's personality, then he or she can also be changed through interactions with others."

But you lost me on why this would lead to "an omnipresent and omnipotent entity that solves all problems". :-)

PS. Just found out software blocks [censored]. :-)

Return to “General Science Questions”