Official version of periodic table?

Science questions not covered in Chem 14A and 14B. Try to limit questions to chemistry (inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, organic chemistry, biophysical chemistry, biochemistry, materials science, environmental chemistry).

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Official version of periodic table?

Postby 705160853 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:34 pm

Is there an official version of the periodic table (different periodic tables have different measurements of molar mass) that Dr Lavelle wants us to use? If so is it posted anywhere on his class website? I want to use it when doing homework

Clarissa Cabil 1I

Re: Official version of periodic table?

Postby Clarissa Cabil 1I » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:01 pm

According to my TA, during every test/quiz, we are provided a periodic table. In a lecture, Dr. Lavelle said that he put a link to his periodic table on the class website, however, I cannot find it either. If anyone knows where it is, please let me know! My TA said that as long as we use the correct amount of sigfigs when utilizing periodic tables for homework, we should get the correct answer.

Max Kwon 1J
Been upvoted: 1 time

Re: Official version of periodic table?

Postby Max Kwon 1J » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:47 pm

Yea I couldn't find it, but for the test and stuff it will be provided, so you just use those numbers. For homework I just use one online, but it might not be the same

Return to “General Science Questions”