Workshops

Science questions not covered in Chem 14A and 14B. Try to limit questions to chemistry (inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, organic chemistry, biophysical chemistry, biochemistry, materials science, environmental chemistry).

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Sydney Stump

Workshops

Postby Sydney Stump » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:17 am

Hi - so I’ve been considering attending one of the workshops but I was wondering how helpful people were finding them. Did someone who went to some workshops find them more helpful than office hours?

ian_haliburton_1f

Re: Workshops

Postby ian_haliburton_1f » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:20 am

I have heard that these sessions are helpful if you would benefit from additional structured review time on top of discussions. They can also be easier to access than office hours.

annabel 2A

Postby annabel 2A » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:03 am

I would recommend going to the workshops! They help you a lot with foundational skills and are very helpful if you are totally lost on a particular concept. I think that they are just as helpful as TA office hours and that I feel more comfortable asking really basic clarifying questions during the workshops. Even if you already understand the concepts that the particular workshop goes over, you can work on other problems during the workshop and then ask the UA your questions at the end, which I found helpful.

Jchellis 1I

Postby Jchellis 1I » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:27 pm

The workshops are also often on the Hill (in Covel), so they are super convenient if you live in the dorms.

Return to “General Science Questions”