Exams.

Science questions not covered in Chem 14A and 14B. Try to limit questions to chemistry (inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, organic chemistry, biophysical chemistry, biochemistry, materials science, environmental chemistry).

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Brian Kwak 1D

Exams.

Postby Brian Kwak 1D » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:04 am

Will the formulas and constants always be given on the exams? I’m asking because for test 1 will we always be given them? Or will we have to memorize them as we go like for the midterms and finals?

taryn_baldus2E

Re: Exams.

Postby taryn_baldus2E » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:07 am

Similarly to the large equations sheet that was included in test 1, for each test, the midterm and final included, we will be provided with an equations sheet and a periodic table. It will be your task to understand the problem and know how to utilize the various equations and constants give to find the solution.

AustinGrove3B

Re: Exams.

Postby AustinGrove3B » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:08 am

Everything is definitely given!! On test 1, you will see a big list of the formulas (I beleive that is actually the same formula sheet we will have on midterm/final if you wanted to see what was on it). I personally didnt even think the formula sheet was really needed for test 1.

Professor Lavelle is much more concerned with you understanding chemistry more than memorizing and plugging into equations. You're all good :)

Return to “General Science Questions”