Transition from 20 Series to 14 Series

Science questions not covered in Chem 14A and 14B. Try to limit questions to chemistry (inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, organic chemistry, biophysical chemistry, biochemistry, materials science, environmental chemistry).

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Arman M 1A
Been upvoted: 1 time

Transition from 20 Series to 14 Series

Postby Arman M 1A » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:55 pm

Hi everyone, I recently switched my chemistry series from the 20 series to the 14 series. I took CHEM 20A with Baugh in the fall quarter and decided to take CHEM 14B with Lavelle. What are some main concepts from CHEM 14A that I should know that would help me in CHEM 14B? Anything would help!

Camille Marangi 2E

Re: Transition from 20 Series to 14 Series

Postby Camille Marangi 2E » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:58 pm

In 14A we studied quantum mechanics, (frequency, wavelength, speed of light sorts of problems), chemical bonds, molecular shape and structure, coordination compounds, and we started acids and bases which we will continue this quarter.

Manu Vohra 1L

Re: Transition from 20 Series to 14 Series

Postby Manu Vohra 1L » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:32 pm

My roomates were both in the 20 series and the material they covered seemed more or less the same as what I covered in the 14 series with Lavelle. However, they did go more in depth than we did. The one thing we did cover that they did not cover at all in the 20 series would be acids and bases (understanding the properties like relative strength based on lewis structures, elctronegativity, etc.) so if you can review that in the textbook you will be up to par with the rest of the class.

Return to “General Science Questions”