Sapling Homework

Science questions not covered in Chem 14A and 14B. Try to limit questions to chemistry (inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, organic chemistry, biophysical chemistry, biochemistry, materials science, environmental chemistry).

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Rylee Mangan 1K
Been upvoted: 2 times

Sapling Homework

Postby Rylee Mangan 1K » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:37 pm

So the sapling homework is not due until the end of week 4 now? Including 10 homework problems from week 2, 3, and 4? Do you suggest completing the entire assignment before the midterm (mines tuesday) even if we haven't fully gone over week 4 material? How should I tackle the week 4 questions in order to understand the week 4 material for the midterm?

Kelly Ha 1K
Been upvoted: 1 time

Re: Sapling Homework

Postby Kelly Ha 1K » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:47 pm

Yes, the Sapling homework is now due on Week 4, which includes Week 2, 3, 4 material (because Week 2 and 3 were supposed to be due Sunday of Week 3 but now Dr. Lavelle added 10 additional problems from Week 4 content). I would suggest to at least attempt to complete all the Sapling homework before the midterm to make sure you covered all the material that may be tested. I think it's also a good idea to complete all the suggested textbook problems for week 4 as well so you're more prepared since you have a pretty early discussion/midterm time. If you have any questions on the material we haven't covered for the remainder of the week maybe try going to office hours or UA sessions or other workshop sessions? Hope this helps!

angelasavage

Postby angelasavage » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:56 pm

Rylee Mangan 2B wrote:So the sapling homework is not due until the end of week 4 now? Including 10 homework problems from week 2, 3, and 4? Do you suggest completing the entire assignment before the midterm (mines tuesday) even if we haven't fully gone over week 4 material? How should I tackle the week 4 questions in order to understand the week 4 material for the midterm?

If you have an earlier discussion section, I would recommend getting through the textbook/textbook problems, taking notes on that, and finishing the Sapling homework by that time to make sure you're covered on all bases, even if some of the material hasn't been covered in lecture yet. Good luck!

Renny_kim_2G

Postby Renny_kim_2G » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:36 am

It is probably a good idea to complete the sapling homework before your midterms. However, it may be better to focus on sticking with your own study tips so that you can own the information before your midterms. This can mean testing yourself on the content or creating study sets to review. Good luck!

Namratha Gujje

Postby Namratha Gujje » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:35 am

Week 2, 3, and 4 homework is all due on Sunday of week 4. I would still recommend getting it all done beforehand so that you can practice the math/concepts that we will be tested on. Doing the homework will only make us more prepared for the midterm.

Tobie Jessup 2E

Postby Tobie Jessup 2E » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:29 pm

Dr. Lavelle sent an email detailing the update to the homework change. It is now due week 4 and includes weeks 2,3, and 4 but the material from week 4 will not be on the midterm.

Jada3J

Postby Jada3J » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:40 pm

I was wondering if anyone knows how to take the randomization on the questions off on sapling. I know that Lavelle was saying up to 19 but I think mine is still out of order.

connie ma 3G
Been upvoted: 2 times

Postby connie ma 3G » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:46 pm

Kelly Ha 2L wrote:Yes, the Sapling homework is now due on Week 4, which includes Week 2, 3, 4 material (because Week 2 and 3 were supposed to be due Sunday of Week 3 but now Dr. Lavelle added 10 additional problems from Week 4 content). I would suggest to at least attempt to complete all the Sapling homework before the midterm to make sure you covered all the material that may be tested. I think it's also a good idea to complete all the suggested textbook problems for week 4 as well so you're more prepared since you have a pretty early discussion/midterm time. If you have any questions on the material we haven't covered for the remainder of the week maybe try going to office hours or UA sessions or other workshop sessions? Hope this helps!

Why would we need to do all the Sapling homework and the textbook problems for week 4 before the midterm if we haven't covered it yet? Just wondering because I only did the 19 problems on Sapling that was from the content we covered already and I normally don't do the textbook questions until way after we learn the content in class.

AlyssaMaynard1C

Postby AlyssaMaynard1C » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:58 pm

connie ma 2B wrote:
Kelly Ha 2L wrote:Yes, the Sapling homework is now due on Week 4, which includes Week 2, 3, 4 material (because Week 2 and 3 were supposed to be due Sunday of Week 3 but now Dr. Lavelle added 10 additional problems from Week 4 content). I would suggest to at least attempt to complete all the Sapling homework before the midterm to make sure you covered all the material that may be tested. I think it's also a good idea to complete all the suggested textbook problems for week 4 as well so you're more prepared since you have a pretty early discussion/midterm time. If you have any questions on the material we haven't covered for the remainder of the week maybe try going to office hours or UA sessions or other workshop sessions? Hope this helps!

Why would we need to do all the Sapling homework and the textbook problems for week 4 before the midterm if we haven't covered it yet? Just wondering because I only did the 19 problems on Sapling that was from the content we covered already and I normally don't do the textbook questions until way after we learn the content in class.

Professor said we're just supposed to know up to question 19 for the first midterm in lecture.

AlyssaMaynard1C

Postby AlyssaMaynard1C » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:59 pm

Jada1J wrote:I was wondering if anyone knows how to take the randomization on the questions off on sapling. I know that Lavelle was saying up to 19 but I think mine is still out of order.

The questions are randomized? I thought they were in order, I'm quite confused.

AlyssaMaynard1C

Postby AlyssaMaynard1C » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:01 am

Rylee Mangan 2B wrote:So the sapling homework is not due until the end of week 4 now? Including 10 homework problems from week 2, 3, and 4? Do you suggest completing the entire assignment before the midterm (mines tuesday) even if we haven't fully gone over week 4 material? How should I tackle the week 4 questions in order to understand the week 4 material for the midterm?

I would do the first 19 problems and read the textbook. Also looking through the posts here seem to be really helpful!

sabrina ghalambor 2J

Postby sabrina ghalambor 2J » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:07 am

we don't need to do the week 4 problems before the midterm! only 1-19 will be tested on and the rest are for week 4 which we can do afterwards :)

Erika Sosa-Cruz 1J

Postby Erika Sosa-Cruz 1J » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:08 am

I would recommend to try to finish your hw before your mid terms however, if that's not possible just make sure to review the material that the hw was given on.

Kelly Ha 1K
Been upvoted: 1 time

Postby Kelly Ha 1K » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:32 am

connie ma 2B wrote:

I didn't see your post till now! When I initially replied to the first post, it was before Dr. Lavelle told us that the midterm would only be covering material up till the content taught in Wednesday's lecture in Week 3. Now we know exactly what content would be on the midterm (and by now mostly everyone has taken it already). Sorry for the confusion!

Renny_kim_2G

Postby Renny_kim_2G » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:32 pm

You should just aim to do the first 19 questions as Dr. Lavelle told us in the emails. Hopefully the exam was not too bad for you!

Return to “General Science Questions”