- • To insert an equation, choose the “Equation Editor” located on the right of the toolbar.
• A new window will open and you can type equations and mathematical functions in the box. There is also a separate area below the equation editing box to keep track of what is typed.
*Note: Make sure what is displayed in the area below is shown the exact way it should be written before you select “Copy to Document.”
• These Equation Editor Settings look good:
gif, Verdana, (10pt) Normal, 100, Transparent, Inline (only)
For example: text More text to test dx
• You can type in any character or symbol from A-Z,a-z,0-9,( ),[ ],+,-,= from the keyboard. To insert other mathematical symbols and functions, choose the corresponding operation button on the toolbar and fill in the content.
• To insert a formatting template (subscript, superscript, fraction, etc.)
• To insert chemistry symbols (reaction arrow, equilibrium arrow, etc.)
- ⟶ Forward reaction arrow
⇌ Equilibrium arrow
• To insert Greek letter (alpha, beta, gamma, delta etc.)
Click and select Or enter a keyboard shortcut
- Alpha α \alpha
Beta β \beta
Gamma γ \gamma
• To insert geometry
- ∵ Because
• To undo or redo an action,
- or keyboard shortcut: Ctrl-Z Undo the previous action
or keyboard shortcut: Ctrl-Y Redo the previous action
Clear Reset (clear) the content in the box
• To insert mathematical functions such as trigonometry, inverse trigonometry, or logarithm, click and select the “Function” tab to choose the corresponding operation.