Quantum Help

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Nohemi Garcia 1L

Quantum Help

Postby Nohemi Garcia 1L » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:17 am

I'm having trouble with quantum, since a lot of the problems require you to relate multiple equations with each other step by step. Does anyone have any tips on how to start, keeping your mind focused, and finding relationships between each equation?

Tiffany Chao 2H

Re: Quantum Help

Postby Tiffany Chao 2H » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:24 am

I typically start off by writing all of the variables the problem gives me. For example, if it gives me wavelength = 900 nm. Then, I write the variable the problem is asking for, so like energy = ? for example. Lastly, I write out all the equations that contains the variables (like wavelength and energy). I go through all of them and see how I can connect the two variables together.

Kaitlynn Tran 3F

Postby Kaitlynn Tran 3F » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:27 pm

Figure out what variables are given and what variable they are asking you to find. Then choose whichever formula that uses the information given in order to find the unknown variable.

Naneeta_Desar_1K

Postby Naneeta_Desar_1K » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:35 pm

First identify what the problem addresses in terms of topics because each topic we learned in quantum has particular equations. For example if the question is regarding the photoelectric effect the equations used are very centralized to that topic.

Kaitlyn Jang 1F

Postby Kaitlyn Jang 1F » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:45 am

I find it helpful to separately write out all of the given values in a problem, and then write down the variable that I am trying to find. Then I pick an equation (or equations if it is multistep) to help me find that variable. I think it's easier to have some derivations of equations memorized too.

Return to “DeBroglie Equation”