Jaden's Midterm Workshop Week 4 Topic is endorsed

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Chem_Mod
Has upvoted: 1253 times

Jaden's Midterm Workshop Week 4  Topic is endorsed

Postby Chem_Mod » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:36 pm

Hi everyone,

Dr. Lavelle made it clear that only chemical and acid base equilibria will be the content tested for this first midterm. For those that have attended my sessions, you know that my worksheets tend to be a week ahead of schedule so that you all know what to expect for the upcoming week in lecture. If you want to find some practice with thermodynamics, Week 3's worksheet will have some problems. This week's worksheet is focused primarily on preparing students for the midterm. Some of the problem may feel redundant, but it's to nail home the fundamentals of equilibrium which are especially important for organic chemistry.

I'll be going over this worksheet relatively fast in my workshop to leave time open for any last-minute questions about concepts or textbook problems. Hope to see you either today or tomorrow in my workshop!

Good luck on midterms!
Attachments
CHEM 14B Week 4 Workshop Session (2).pdf
(296.59 KiB) Downloaded 303 times

Chem_Mod

Re: Jaden's Midterm Workshop Week 4

Postby Chem_Mod » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:03 pm

I've updated the worksheet as some Ka values were missing. There was a typo on the ranking the acids by basicity strength and that has been fixed! Expect answer key by tomorrow morning/afternoon.

Chem_Mod

Re: Jaden's Midterm Workshop Week 4

Postby Chem_Mod » Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:32 pm

Some minor changes were made to the worksheet to clarify some additional errors I found. Good luck studying for your midterms and good luck tomorrow!
Attachments
CHEM_14B_Week_4_Workshop_Session ANSWER KEY.pdf
(766.68 KiB) Downloaded 221 times

Return to “Chem 14B Uploaded Files (Worksheets, etc.)”