Issues with 7th Edition Textbook

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Patience Olsen 1A

Issues with 7th Edition Textbook

Postby Patience Olsen 1A » Thu May 03, 2018 11:00 pm

I made a terrible mistake by purchasing the 7th edition textbook because the questions in this textbook do not align with the questions in the 6th edition textbook, even though it says on the Chem 14A website that the 7th edition textbook is fine to use. For Fundamentals and Chapter 1, I was able to use my roommate's 5th edition textbook, but I realized that the Chapter 2 homework answers I handed in this week from the 5th edition are not from the same questions as in the 6th edition.

Does anyone with the 5th or 7th edition textbook have a solution to this? Is there a way to match the problems from the 6th edition to the problems in the 5th or 7th edition?

YeseniaGomez_1L
Been upvoted: 1 time

Re: Issues with 7th Edition Textbook

Postby YeseniaGomez_1L » Fri May 04, 2018 8:25 am

I’m not sure about matching the questions, but if you don’t want to spend a lot on another textbook you could just buy the pdf version, it’s kind of difficult to get to the pages you need quickly though since you have to scroll through a lot.

Elizabeth Parker 1K

Postby Elizabeth Parker 1K » Fri May 04, 2018 1:31 pm

Yea I'm not sure how you could match those up, but I could send you the pdf of the sixth edition if you want, that way you can study the same thing. Just send your email!

Patience Olsen 1A

Postby Patience Olsen 1A » Fri May 04, 2018 2:01 pm

Thanks so much! It's patienceolsen@gmail.com

Return to “Trends in The Periodic Table”