(Polar molecules, Non-polar molecules, etc.)
Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin
Katie Bart 1I
- Posts: 104
- Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:16 am
What is the difference between molecular shape and molecular geometry when using VSEPR?
- Posts: 101
- Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:15 am
The molecular shape does not account for lone pairs of a molecule, but geometry does.
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:16 am
- Been upvoted: 1 time
The geometry includes the lone pair electrons while the shape does not.
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:17 am
Molecular shape just considers the position of the atoms within the molecule.
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:20 am
Geometry considers the lone pairs
Return to “Determining Molecular Shape (VSEPR)”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests