Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Isela Tamayo 3H

Achieve #9

Postby Isela Tamayo 3H » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:18 am

I'm confused what is NOfinal? and how do i find it

Emaad Sohail 3F

Re: Achieve #9

Postby Emaad Sohail 3F » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:29 am

NO final is the final concentration of NO gas in the system. You can find it using an ICE table- you need to find the K value of the system at equilibrium, use an ICE table, and finally use the value for K you calculated earlier to find the change in concentrations to get back to equilibrium.

Natalie Flores 1F

Re: Achieve #9

Postby Natalie Flores 1F » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:16 am

Hi, for this one I first used the given concentrations to find Kc --> [NO]^2/[N2][H2]. Once I had my Kc I set up an ICE chart with the initial molarities of N2,H2, and 2NO (note, the initial concentration for 2NO is whatever value it tells you it changed to). From there the change for each is +x for N2 and H2 because of their stoichiometric coefficient of 1 and -2x for 2NO. From there the equilibrium will be the initial concentration plus the change. Plug in the equilibrium values to the Kc equation and because you already calculated Kc in the first step, set it equal to your Kc value and solve for x. Once you've found x just plug the value of x into your 2NO expression to get the final value of NO2! Hope this helps!!

Return to “Equilibrium Constants & Calculating Concentrations”