Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin
Doris Cho 1D
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:16 am
what exactly did we need to know about the difference between clean and dirty coal?
Alex Tchekanov Dis 2k
- Posts: 118
- Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:16 am
Dirty coal has sulfur in it and clean coal has very minimal, almost negligible amounts.
- Posts: 105
- Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:17 am
Dirty coal has a larger amount of S in it. I think that's all we need to know.
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:17 am
- Been upvoted: 1 time
clean coal produces less So2 (less sulphurous acid thus less acid is reacting with water vapor to form acid rain)
- Posts: 100
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:19 am
I think the main takeaway is that dirty coal has sulfur in it.
Ruby Richter 2L
- Posts: 103
- Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:17 am
Does the sulfur from dirty coal or SO2 contribute to acid rain or are they different concepts entirely?
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:15 am
Dirty coal has more Sulfur in it while clean coal has less sulfur content and thus more Carbon content.
Return to “Air Pollution & Acid Rain”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest