Acid Rain formula

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

annaneiger

Acid Rain formula

Postby annaneiger » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:40 pm

Hi!

Does anyone know what the formula for acid rain is, as well as what we should be expected to solve in relation to the acid rain formula? Thank you!

Hayden Lechner 3F

Re: Acid Rain formula

Postby Hayden Lechner 3F » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:41 pm

Hi! I believe all information regarding acid rain pertaining to this course can be found in section 6E.1 of the textbook. For exam purposes, I think it is best to familiarize yourself with this general information. I don't think any questions will be too complex.

Christian Huang 1G

Re: Acid Rain formula

Postby Christian Huang 1G » Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:04 am

Hello! There are two main acid rain reactions that I would keep in mind of throughout the course. I am not on hundred percent sure whether we will be given them during certain exams or practice problems but they are definitely worthwhile to remember. The first reaction involves nitrogen dioxide: . The other reaction involves sulfur trioxide:. However, the product of this reaction, , further reacts with water to produce more hydronium and sulfate: . In addition to those two acid rain equations, there is also a reaction regarding carbonic acid and oceans that can be found in section 6E.1 as the previous comment mentioned.

Return to “Air Pollution & Acid Rain”