units during dimensional analysis

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

leediane0916

units during dimensional analysis

Postby leediane0916 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:07 pm

I do know that it is easier and less confusing if we write down and cancel out all of our units when calculating with dimensional analysis but does this also apply to when we're using the Avogadros number or any other dimension in the future that contains complicated units?

caseygilles 1E

Re: units during dimensional analysis

Postby caseygilles 1E » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:10 pm

Yes, it is much easier to write out units using dimensional analysis because it allows us to see what units are canceling and what are not. Even though it might take extra time it could save silly mistakes that pay off in the future.

jocelyntzeng

Postby jocelyntzeng » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:13 am

yes, it's often really easy to overlook some units and when looking back at your work, you can easily forget why your wrote what you wrote. so, writing down your units everytime saves silly mistakes.

Tony Chung 2I

Postby Tony Chung 2I » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:48 am

Writing out the units will definitely save you from making mistakes. As the problems get more detailed, writing the units down will be much more beneficial to you.

Abby De La Merced 3F
Been upvoted: 1 time

Postby Abby De La Merced 3F » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:31 am

I feel that writing out my units makes it a little easier for me to understand where the problem is headed and what final units I need to end up with are. It does take up space and more time, but in the end it's better for understanding as a whole.

Return to “SI Units, Unit Conversions”