Formula Sheet?

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Alicia Gibbons 1B

Formula Sheet?

Postby Alicia Gibbons 1B » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:14 pm

In AP Chemistry, we were given formula sheets that contained formulas of importance and their units, sometimes in different forms. Does anyone have insight into whether we will be given similar sheets on our tests/quizzes here?

Rami_Z_AbuQubo_2K

Re: Formula Sheet?

Postby Rami_Z_AbuQubo_2K » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:30 pm

If I were you, I would memorize the few that we need for the upcoming test. They aren't that hard, especially if you really understand how the units cancel out. But definitely email the TA about this.

Abbey Brandt 1K

Postby Abbey Brandt 1K » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:58 am

Hi Alicia,

I was told earlier that all we are allowed to use on exams is a simple calculator. I would assume this means no formula sheet, especially for this test where the key concepts in all previous lectures have highlighted important formulas. My strategy, if I were you, would be to memorize the formulas we have worked with thus far and be prepared. Memorizing won't hurt you - if they are provided on the test, that's just a bonus!

Good luck!

harperlacroix1a

Postby harperlacroix1a » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:10 pm

There is a formula sheet uploaded onto Lavelle's website, however, it doesn't have much to help with the fundamentals section. He will probably still give it to us, but not sure how useful it will be. The only thing to memorize for this test would probably be the SI unit conversions.

Anmol_cheema_2F

Postby Anmol_cheema_2F » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:34 pm

I believe we just get the periodic table so I would be safe and memorize the main formulas we have been working with. However, you can always ask or email the TA.

Alli Hinmon 3E

Postby Alli Hinmon 3E » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:55 pm

Unfortunately I think we have a lot to memorize from formulas to how to convert units, good luck!

Samantha Chang 2K

Postby Samantha Chang 2K » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:15 pm

For this upcoming test, I would memorize the formulas needed, for there are not that many. We will get a periodic table for the molecular masses though.

Return to “SI Units, Unit Conversions”