Conversions

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

marlene 1K

Conversions

Postby marlene 1K » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:22 pm

I don't know if this has been asked, but my TA told us in discussion we would need to know certain conversions. Will that be provided on the equation sheet or will it be something we need to know off the top of our heads?

Lea Baskin Monk 1F
Been upvoted: 4 times

Re: Conversions

Postby Lea Baskin Monk 1F » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:00 pm

Yesterday, during Professor Lavelle's office hours, he said that we will have the formula sheet that is linked on his website for exams. It has most unit conversions on it.

Heres is the link: https://lavelle.chem.ucla.edu/wp-conten ... ations.pdf

P.S. He also said that this sheet will likely be updated before the midterm exam, so it may change sometime in the next week. He said he would send an email out when it is done :)

Vanessa Perez

Postby Vanessa Perez » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:36 pm

I would say still be comfortable with conversions especially since it can be confusing at times and being comfortable with them will save time on the exam.

OwenSumter_2F
Been upvoted: 2 times

Postby OwenSumter_2F » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:36 am

Also some certain conversions such as between metric units (i.e. kilograms -> grams or meters -> nanometers) won't be on the equation sheet as that is something we are expected to know, so I would make sure you have that down. :)

Rachel Jiang 3H
Been upvoted: 1 time

Postby Rachel Jiang 3H » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:46 am

Hi! I think we should know all the conversion units from kilo to nano, but you do not have to memorize the conversions that are given on the equation and constant sheet. However, it definitely won't hurt to familiarize yourself with the conversions on the equation sheet!

ShinwooKim_3E

Postby ShinwooKim_3E » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:23 pm

we'll be given a conversion sheet for the midterm, I think!

Return to “SI Units, Unit Conversions”