Other conversions for the Midterm

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Aimee Alvarado 3J

Other conversions for the Midterm

Postby Aimee Alvarado 3J » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:34 pm

The constants and equations paper that Professor Lavelle provides for us has some of the conversions we need but are there others that we need to know? For example, we have the conversions for nanometers, picometers, kilograms to grams, and a few others, but are there some we need to know to solve other equations?

Adalia 3E
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Other conversions for the Midterm

Postby Adalia 3E » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:37 pm

It's probably best to have the most common prefixes memorized for the exam (i.e. kilo-, centi-, milli-, etc) for conversions, otherwise unit conversions tend to be pretty self-explanatory based on the given units and equations

Sondia Luong 1C
Been upvoted: 1 time

Postby Sondia Luong 1C » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:44 pm

Like the previous reply, it would be safest to memorize the basic units. I use the mnemonic King Henry Died By Drinking Chocolate Milk (kilo, hecto, deca, base (meters/grams/liters), deci, centi, milli) to help memorize the conversions!

Francesca_Borchardt_2D

Postby Francesca_Borchardt_2D » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:54 pm

Sondia Luong 3E wrote:Like the previous reply, it would be safest to memorize the basic units. I use the mnemonic King Henry Died By Drinking Chocolate Milk (kilo, hecto, deca, base (meters/grams/liters), deci, centi, milli) to help memorize the conversions!

I have having difficulty memorizing this basic units. Thank you for this, it is helping me a lot!

Juliana Rosales 1H

Postby Juliana Rosales 1H » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:56 pm

There are little charts online that have them all in order with the prefixes and stuff. I find it helpful to look at those or at least tr to memorize from there.

Return to “SI Units, Unit Conversions”