Temperature Conversions

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Nicoli Peiris 1B

Temperature Conversions

Postby Nicoli Peiris 1B » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:06 pm

So in outline 1 it says we have to know how to convert between temperatures like Kelvin to Celsius and so on. But I noticed on the constants and equation sheet the equations to convert these are not given do we have to memorize these?

Colin Squire 3B

Re: Temperature Conversions

Postby Colin Squire 3B » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:16 pm

I'm not too sure about the other temperatures you're referring to, but the conversion from Celsius to Kelvin is on the review sheet near the middle of the page on the left side. It's written as "0 Celsius = 273.15K."

NayeliPlayas_1L

Postby NayeliPlayas_1L » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:31 pm

Hi! I was wondering the same thing. On outline 1 it says we should know how to convert from celsius to farenheits and so on, but I noticed that the conversions were not on the constants and equation sheet. I think we might have to memorize the equation since it was not give to us on the constants and equation sheet.

Darlene Lien 3E

Postby Darlene Lien 3E » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:02 pm

Hi, although we probably don't need to use temperature conversions now, I think either way it would be good to know the conversions since there are only a few.

Kimiya Aframian IB

Postby Kimiya Aframian IB » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:06 pm

Nicoli Peiris 2J wrote:So in outline 1 it says we have to know how to convert between temperatures like Kelvin to Celsius and so on. But I noticed on the constants and equation sheet the equations to convert these are not given do we have to memorize these?

Hi. I think that if we had to convert we would be given the conversion in the problem. This is how it was on the textbook problems. Hope this helps :)

Vanessa Perez

Postby Vanessa Perez » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:11 pm

thank for clarifying, I was also a bit concerned on whether we would need to know temperature conversions, but it makes sense that it would be given in the problem if needed to convert.

Aydin Karatas 1F

Postby Aydin Karatas 1F » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:16 pm

I would say it just generally a good thing to know the conversion between K and C°.

I don't really think there's any use to knowing the conversion between C° and F°, but the conversion is such.

¡sdןǝɥ sıɥʇ ǝdoH

Return to “SI Units, Unit Conversions”