About the Weekly Online Discussion Points...

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Henry_Shin_3B

About the Weekly Online Discussion Points...

Postby Henry_Shin_3B » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:09 pm

Hello, so I understand that 10 points (out of 400) from our gradebook would be based on our involvement on chemistry community, and that we are given 1 point per week for posting an answer or a question.

What about situations in which one has been fairly active on chemistry community, but has sometimes missed the Sunday deadline?

For example, if I have 15 answers/questions on Chemistry Community by week 10 and it is evident that I was active on the site throughout the quarter (and didn't simply post 10 questions in a row in week 9), and if I missed 3 deadlines, would that still be a 7/10 although I contributed more to the site than someone who posted just 1 question or answer a week?

I know that 10 points out of 400 most likely isn't really a big deal, but I just wanted to clear up some confusion.

Ariana Murillo 2O

Re: About the Weekly Online Discussion Points...

Postby Ariana Murillo 2O » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:43 pm

Last quarter I had missed the Sunday deadline a couple of times, but made sure to post 10 questions/answers before the quarter ended. I received all 10 points.

I hope this helps!

nicoleclarke_lec1M

Postby nicoleclarke_lec1M » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:28 pm

I emailed my TA about this issue and he said there is nothing he can do because it is all based on the computer.

Anna_Kim_2E

Postby Anna_Kim_2E » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:25 pm

Do we then get extra points for posting more than one each week?

I thought I heard somewhere we get like 2% extra credit??
Can anybody confirm this?

Thank you

Return to “*Alkanes”