Final  [ENDORSED]

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Maria Trujillo 1L

Final

Postby Maria Trujillo 1L » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:38 pm

In regards to the final will we need to distinguish the difference between the different types of "Bent" and "linear"? For example, can we just write bent or linear or do we need to specify by saying the number of areas of electron density and the number of lone pair densities? For instance: 3 areas of e- density and 1 lone pair density --> Bent. or can we just write Bent?

salvadoralvizo1J

Re: Final

Postby salvadoralvizo1J » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:45 pm

My TA said they will be as specific a possible on those types of questions. You can probably just write bent unless otherwise specified.

Chem_Mod
Has upvoted: 1253 times

Re: Final  [ENDORSED]

Postby Chem_Mod » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:47 pm

If I ask for the shape. Then give only the name of the shape. If I ask why then your reasoning needs to be given. Typically I ask for the shape as this implies that your reasoning results in the correct shape (out of many possible shapes).

Chemistry Community is on fire tonight!

:-)

SammiOrsini_1B

Postby SammiOrsini_1B » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:25 am

There were a lot of shapes given in the book. Are we responsible to know every shape, or only the ones regarded in class? Just curious as in what I should put specific interest in while studying for the final

Phil Timoteo 1K

Postby Phil Timoteo 1K » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:00 am

SammiOrsini_1B wrote:There were a lot of shapes given in the book. Are we responsible to know every shape, or only the ones regarded in class? Just curious as in what I should put specific interest in while studying for the final
I think it'll be best to study the shapes based off the readings that were given.

Chem_Mod
Has upvoted: 1253 times

Postby Chem_Mod » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:21 pm

Phil Timoteo wrote:
SammiOrsini_1B wrote:There were a lot of shapes given in the book. Are we responsible to know every shape, or only the ones regarded in class? Just curious as in what I should put specific interest in while studying for the final
I think it'll be best to study the shapes based off the readings that were given.

The readings and the assigned homework.

Return to “Shape, Structure, Coordination Number, Ligands”